Sunday, November 27, 2022

Shadi Missed my 89th Birthday

Dear Friends,

I want to thank you once again for your queries and for your solidarity with us during these difficult times.  Many of you have been in touch, so I want to  apologize for not sending you an update  on the court session of the 23rd because I was hoping that Shadi will be with us on the 24th and will make my 89th birthday extra special. But it was not meant to be,  as the occupation continues to deprive us even of the glimpse of hope that we hold on.

Despite the judge’s ruling later on in the day  to release Shadi  and other children  for “house arrest,” the Attorney General (ironically a woman) appealed against  the judge’s  decision.  

So you will not hear from me until I see Shadi at home.  But I hope you will continue to hold Shadi and all the children in your prayers, especially during this Holy season.  With deep appreciation   for your support of our just cause.    Samia

No comments:

Post a Comment